Eugene, Oregon is a great city for arts and outdoors. Home of the University of Oregon and the second largest city in the state of Oregon, Eugene offers something for everyone. Eugene has a variety of cultural events, museums, performing arts, sports and outdoor activities to choose from.
Attractions In Eugene Oregon
A list of things to do and places to visit in or around Eugene, Oregon.
- Salt Creek Falls Salt Creek Falls is located in the Willamette National Forest, 64 miles southeast of Eugene, Oregon. Salt Creek Falls descends 286-feet into a canyon. The overlook is just a short hike from the parking lot but if you want to capture a great photo or get immersed in the forest continue on the trail past the Salt Creek […]
- Studio West Fine Arts and Glassblowing Studio Learn how to make your own blown glass art. Take a mini-work shop that will allow you to blow your own ornaments, bowl or float. You can watch local artist demonstrate every Friday from 5-8 pm. Phone: (541) 683-9378 Website: www.visitstudiowest.com
- King Estate Winery King Estate Winery is located southwest of Eugene Oregon and is situated on 1033 acres. The Restaurant and Wine Bar at King Estate features wine tasting, winery tours and fine dining. The Estate also provides the perfect setting for weddings and event hosting.
- Cascades Raptor Center Nestled on a wooded hillside in south Eugene, this nature center and wildlife hospital specializes in birds of prey. Over 60 resident birds of 33 native species are on display, from pygmy owls to bald and golden eagles. Open Tues-Sun and Mon holidays. Phone: (541) 485-1320 Website: http://www.eraptors.org
- Hult Center for the Performing Arts The Hult Center for the Performing Arts is located in downtown Eugene and was opened in 1982. The Hult Center has two performance halls, meeting venue, art gallery and off-site outdoor amphitheater. Seven resident companies feature accomplished area artists and distinguished guest artists from many parts of the world. They present a rich variety of educational […]
- LaVelle Vineyards LaVelle Vineyards is located west of Eugene, Oregon in the quite little town of Elmira. Enjoy a relaxing lunch or dinner on the deck that over looks Fern Ridge lake and the beautiful acres of vineyards. Navigate your way thorough the unique rock labyrinth or take advantage of the tasting and tour packages that this beautiful vineyard as to offer.
- Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art Located on the University of Oregon Campus, the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art has engaging exhibits, significant collections of contemporary and historical arts as well as exciting educational programs. The museum was opened in 1933 and is one of six museums accredited by the America Association of Museums in the state of Oregon. Phone: (541) […]
- Sandland Adventures Sandland Adventures is located just one mile south of Florence, Oregon on the Central Oregon Coast. View the sand dunes, tree islands, various wildlife and the Siuslaw River from a giant dune buggie guided by professional drivers. Once your done exploring the sand dunes, Sandland Adventures offers bumper boats, go carts, miniature golf and train […]
- Sea Lion Caves Located eleven miles north of Florence, the Sea Lion Caves is the largest sea caves in the world. The caves offer a plunge into the different species of sea lions, from the Stellar to Pigeon Guillemot. On a good day it is possible to catch a glimpse of a Killer or Gray Whale. Visiting hours are from […]
- Sweet Cheeks Winery Sweet Cheeks Winery sits on 140 acres of prime sloping hillside located in the heart of the Willamette Valley wine country. The vineyard grows Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, and Riesling Overlooking the Briggs Hill Valley, Sweet Cheeks Winery offers Breathtaking Views and old world charm. The 50 year old building was originally built in Junction City, Oregon. Scheduled for destruction […]
- Alton Baker Park Alton Baker Park is Eugene’s largest developed park and has been serving Eugene since 1959. The park includes the following attractions: Ken Nielsen Gardens The Science Factory Children’s Museum & Planetarium Cuthbert Amphitheater BMX Track Pre’s Trail Hays Tree Garden Off Leash Dog Park Community Garden Boat Launch Canoe Canal Picnic Shelters Park Host Nearby […]
- Willamette National Forest The Willamette National Forest stretches for 100 miles along the western Cascade Range in Oregon. Over 1.6 million acres of forest, making it one of the Unites States largest national forest. Home to seven major peaks– Mount Washington, Mount Jefferson, Diamond Peak, Three Fingered Jack North, Middle and South Sisters.
- Belknap Hot Springs Belknap Hot Springs is located about an hour east of Eugene, Oregon near the small town of Mckenzie Bridge. Belknap Hot Springs is a well know commercial resort among locals with two mineral spring pools, cabins, rv hookups, and gardens to explore. These springs are on the banks of the majestic Mckenzie River which is […]
- C and M Stables C and M Stables is located just eight miles north of Florence, Oregon. See the Oregon Coast from horseback as you take a trail leading down to the beach. Along the way pass through scenic sand dunes and coastal pines before reaching the beautiful majestic Pacific Ocean. Phone: (541) 997-7540
- Sand Dunes Frontier Sand Dunes Frontier is located just four miles south of Florence, Oregon. Some of the worlds largest and most beautiful dunes can be found on the Central Oregon Coast. Sand Dunes Frontier has single ATV rentals, guided sand rail tours, and professionally guided scenic tours. If ATV riding is a hobby of yours then stay […]
Attractions in the Willamette Valley
Salt Creek Falls is located 62 miles east of Eugene, Oregon and offers beautiful views, hiking trails, picnic tables and more. In the winter the area is great for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing. The short video takes you on a tour of Salt Creek Falls, the nearby trail system and the less visited Diamond Creek Falls. A view of Salt Creek Falls on a foggy October morning. Hours later it cleared up to be a beautiful day in the Willamette National Forest. Salt Creek Falls Trail - Leads from the lookout to the base of the falls,...read more
Downtown Eugene rated 9th best downtown in America. – Livability.com Livability.com a website dedicated to America’s best places to live rated Eugene, Oregon as the 9th best downtown in the Nation. “Cool and Green” is how they summed up the city, making note of the rich creativity and culture. The highlights mentioned were the Eugene Gallery District, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, McDonald Theatre, the WOW Hall, upscale eateries, Lucky’s Bar, and the beautiful Alton Baker Park. From...read more
Oregon is a relatively mild climate and has me accustom to 80 degree summer days. When the humidity increases and the temperature rises to near 90, I find myself searching for an escape from the heat. From Eugene, Florence is about a 60 minute drive through thick forests, winding up the coastal range and passing thru a tunnel down towards the Oregon Coast. The waters of the Pacific Ocean help cool the airmass nearly 10 to 20 degrees, while the coastal range helps keep the cooler air along the coastal cities. The cooler air and steady breeze...read more