A list of some of the finest Oregon Parks.
List of Oregon Parks
- Oregon Zoo Located just five minutes from downtown Portland, Oregon, the Oregon Zoo offers an experience into the natural world that you won’t forget. It is home to animals from all corners of the world. You can see elephants to polar bears as you tour the 64 acre park. Phone: (503) 226-1561 Website: www.oregonzoo.org
- Wildlife Safari Wildlife Safarilocated in Winston, Oregon is a 600 acre drive thru animal park. Open year round, the park includes over 90 unique animals, a train and a children’s zoo. Phone: (541) 679-6761 Website: www.wildlifesafari.net
- Smith Rock State Park Smith Rock State Park is located 20 minutes north of Redmond, Oregon. The park is one of Central Oregon‘s top attractions for hikers and climbers looking to enjoy nature at it’s finest. The drastic contrast from high desert to sheer rock faces surrounded by the Crooked River leaves visitors in awe. Trails at Smith Rock [...]
- Mt. Hood Located 50 miles east-southeast of Portland, Oregon is the majestic Mt. Hood. Home to twelve named glaciers, six ski areas, a National Historic Landmark, amazing pristine waterfalls, miles of hiking / biking trials, camping, windsurfing and awe-inspiring views . Mt. Hood has something to offer everyone and all ages. When visiting here make sure to bring along [...]
- Cascades Raptor Center Nestled on a wooded hillside in south Eugene, this nature center and wildlife hospital specializes in birds of prey. Over 60 resident birds of 33 native species are on display, from pygmy owls to bald and golden eagles. Open Tues-Sun and Mon holidays. Phone: (541) 485-1320 Website: http://www.eraptors.org
- Alton Baker Park Alton Baker Park is Eugene’s largest developed park and has been serving Eugene since 1959. The park includes the following attractions: Ken Nielsen Gardens The Science Factory Children’s Museum & Planetarium Cuthbert Amphitheater BMX Track Pre’s Trail Hays Tree Garden Off Leash Dog Park Community Garden Boat Launch Canoe Canal Picnic Shelters Park Host Nearby [...]
- Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Located just 40 minutes east of downtown Portland you will find the beautiful and majestic Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Tucked away in the 80 miles of the canyon is hiking trails, amazing views of the Gorge and breathtaking waterfalls, like the famous Multnomah Falls. The Columbia River Gorge is great for all ages [...]
- Willamette River Bike Trail Bike along the six mile trail that runs along the Willamette River. The path takes you by many beautiful parks, Autzen Sadium, and the beautiful rose gardens. This trail is family friendly.
- Tom McCall Nature Preserve Tom McCall Nature Preserve is located 11 miles east of Hood River, Oregon. Step away from the everyday stresses of life and rejuvenate your soul with all the beauty that surrounds you. Take in the scenery of the snow capped mountains, the winding Columbia River and the magnificent plateaus. More than 200 plant species live [...]
- Darlingtonia State Natural Site Darlingtonia State Natural Site is located five miles north of Florence and is the only Oregon State Park dedicated to the protection of a single plant species. This 18-acre botanical park provides parking and a boardwalk trail out into a wetland that is home to Darlingtonia californica. Also called a cobra lily, the rare, strangely-shaped plant is [...]
- Lithia Park Lithia Park is located in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. The park features 93-acres of lawns, tennis courts, sand-pit volleyball courts,picnic area, beautiful landscaping, playgrounds, and an outdoor amphitheatre. The park follows Ashland Creek through woodlands, and runs through downtown shopping centers, and is adjacent to famous Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
Crater Lake is located in the Umpqua National Forest, 84 miles Northeast of Medford, Oregon. Crater Lake offers majestic views, over 90 miles of hiking trails, picnic areas, a visitor center, lodging and more. In the winter, Crater Lake offers cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing. The short video takes you on a tour of Crater Lake, and a few of the surrounding sites to see in the beautiful National Park. Wizard Island, Crater Lake - Lookouts along Crater Lake provide breathtaking views of the lake. Wizard Island is a...read more