Sunriver, Oregon is a small resort community less than 30 minutes south of Bend, Oregon. It offers vacation rentals homes with plenty of attractions to choose from. In the summer months you can enjoy golfing, biking, horseback riding, canoeing, fishing, shopping and more. Winter offers some of the best skiing and snowboarding within a 20 minute drive of Mt. Bachelor. Sunriver is a favorite amongst those who have discovered this hidden treasure in Central Oregon.
Attractions In Sunriver Oregon
A list of things to do and places to visit in or around Sunriver, Oregon.
- Mt Bachelor Located near Bend, Oregon, Mt. Bachelor offers both winter and summer fun for all ages. In the winter, Mt. Bachelor is one of the largest ski areas in the Pacific Northwest, offering 3,700 ski-able acres and nearly 3,400 vertical drop. Mt. Bachelor ski area is perfect for beginners as well as those looking for steep back-country terrain or [...]
- Deschutes National Forest The Deschutes National Forest is located on 1.8 million acres along the east side of the Cascade Mountains. Hiking, biking, boating, camping, canoeing, fishing, sight-seeing and wildlife viewing are just a few amazing activities one can do while visiting this beautiful and pristine National Forest.
- High Desert Museum The High Desert Museum is located on highway 97, eight miles south of Bend, Oregon. The museum offers educational indoor and outdoor exhibits for all ages. Experience the spirit of the west, trout ponds and other wildlife up close. Phone: (541) 382-4754
- Wanderlust Tours Wanderlust Tours has two locations, Bend and Sunriver, Oregon. They provide tours of some of best attractions Central Oregon has to offer. Summer tours include canoeing, kayaking, caving, GPS Eco-Challenge, volcano sightseeing, and evening tours. Winter tours include guided snowshoeing, cave tours and GPS Eco-Challenge trips. Wanderlust Tours is great for couples, families, groups or individuals looking [...]
- Lava River Cave The Lave River Cave is located on U.S. Highway 97 between La Pine and Bend and is apart of the Newberry National Volcanic Monument. The cave offer a unique hike down into a mile long lava tube that is fun and educational for all ages. Lanterns are available for rent at the gate. Make sure to dress warm as the [...]
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument Newberry National Volcanic Monument is located in the Deschutes National Forest, between Sunriver and La Pine, Oregon. This is one of Oregons newest National Monuments located on 55,000 acres. Come and explore the lakes, lava lands, and the geologic features. Make sure you visit one of the 400 cinder cones, miles of basalt flows and [...]
- Tumalo State Park Tumalo State Park is located off Highway 20, five miles northwest of Bend, Oregon. Enjoy the beauty of Central Oregon while staying at the park. There are 23 full hookups, 54 tent sites, 7 yurts, 2 group tent sites, hiker/biker camp and picnic areas you can reserve. Park Information: (541) 382-3586 or (800) 551-6949. To make reservations(800)-452-5687.